Aluco Skylight TR Therm
Polygon Skylights With Thermal Insulation
Thermally insulated polygon skylights are designed for the thermal upgrade of continuous polygon skylights in historic industrial buildings.
The ALUCO SKYLIGHT TR THERM polygon skylight system is a solution developed in response to the needs of architects looking for ways to admit natural light into refurbished industrial facilities under heritage conservation.
TR skylights have a polygon shape, making it possible to preserve the historic look of the building without the need to alter its architecture. The system also ensures thermal insulation to provide savings on heating the premises.
The system is characterized by the optimal choice of aluminum profiles in terms of economy and durability. It uses THERM profiles with thermal insulation. The product is known for its high quality and neat design, as it is made only with high-quality aluminum. The consistent evolution of this roof skylight system resulted in the award of the Certificate of Conformity to European standards in 2018.
Skylights With Thermal Insulation
ALUCO SKYLIGHT TR THERM continuous polygon skylights with thermal insulation have a very low heat transfer coefficient, approximately:
U = 0,5 W/(m²K)
Our THERM skylights have been designed to ensure the highest possible thermal performance.
ALUCO SKYLIGHT TR THERM Polygon Roof Skylights
- Continuous polygon skylights are made according to PN-EN 14963:2006, with CE marking.
- The commercially available base is made from galvanized steel, with various height and thickness options depending on the skylight’s specifications.
- The base shape resembles a channel section, with the bottom flange having a width of 50 mm or more.
- The base of the continuous skylight is suitable for the installation of thermal insulation with varying thickness depending on the design assumptions.
- The structure of the continuous skylight is made of high-quality aluminum profiles with integrated thermal barriers to ensure excellent thermal insulation, air-tightness, and efficient water drainage to the outside.
- ALUCO SKYLIGHT TR THERM may be filled with standard cellular polycarbonate panels with thickness ranging from 10 mm to 50 mm, as well as solid panels. When a separating polyester panel with a thickness of 1.1 mm is used, our skylights are certified to BRoof (t1).
- Skylight span ranges from 1000 mm to 4000 mm. Up to 14 meters when a steel support structure is used.
- Heat transfer coefficient: U = 0.5 W/(m²K).
- The skylights have the highest rating in terms of fall protection (SB 1200) – they do not require the use of anti-fall grating.
- Resistance to upward loads: UL 2500.
- Resistance to downward loads: DL 2500.
Explore Aluco Skylight TR Therm
Advantages Of Polygon Skylights
- Natural and dispersed light – no light reflections when filled with translucent polycarbonate panels or aerogel
- Aesthetic design
- Fast and easy installation
- Relatively low price in comparison with glass skylights
- Very good resistance to loads
- High flexibility in terms of sizes
Continuous Polygon Skylights
- Refurbished industrial halls where it is required to preserve the original shape of the skylights
- Sports halls
- Public utility facilities
- Shopping malls
- Stadium roofing
- Marketplace, car park, shed roofing etc.
ALUCO SKYLIGHT TR THERM continuous polygon skylights with thermal insulation can be optionally provided with the following:
- Aluco Air vents, BRoof (t1) class,
- Aluco Fire smoke vents,
- photovoltaic panels,
- Aluco Safety Grid fall protection grating.
Request a Quote
Contact us if you want to get a precise quote for your project or if you need more information.